Shopify offers over 1600 amazing themes and templates to give your online store the desired look that can attract maximum eyeballs. The best part of Shopify development is that you get to access a wide range of enticing themes that can transform the magnetism of your site’s visual appearance. The only thing is, you must choose the right theme for your store according to your brand’s persona. Choosing among 1600 themes is a confounding task and you must pay heed to functionalities rather than merely concentrating on the visual appeal.
According to a report by Statista, mobile devices generated over 58% of total website traffic across the globe. Hence, prioritizing a theme on mobile-friendliness must also be considered before finalizing a theme. This post offers a list of test-driven Shopify themes that have been used by some most successful eCommerce websites and are evaluated on various parameters to help you make a quick decision on selecting the right theme for your online store.
Most Downloaded & Highly Used Themes of Shopify
All these five themes have been tested by our expert web designers on various parameters. However, all five are paid themes, but you won’t get the desired satisfaction with the free themes offered by Shopify. Hence, if you are looking from a long-term perspective, these themes will certainly pay rich dividends if you wager on any one among these.
If you are looking for a theme with the highest customization capabilities, Booster is simply unmatched. The theme is created and curated with the most modern design elements, along with CRO features that will help you to boost your sales. It’s a paid theme available in three pricing plans; a starter plan for $179 per year, a double vision plan for $279 per year, and a high-five plan for $497 per year.
- The Lookbook enables you to create images on which visitors can click to purchase products that are tagged with the image.
- Sales notifications let your visitors know what people have recently bought from your store.
- The Countdown timer is another attractive way to make your products tempting by setting a deadline for visitors to buy a particular product before the time runs out.
- The currency converter lets you sell internationally, facilitating price comparisons and conversions for different currencies.
- The upsell and cross-sell feature allows you to enhance your average order value. Upselling is selling an advanced version of a product that a customer has already bought, and cross-selling is selling related products to one that a customer is buying.
- Cart page customization allows you to facilitate customers to finish a purchase with access to all relevant information.
This is a perfect and professional theme that suits every business, along with a range of built-in features adding to your exhilaration. Moreover, you also get a built-in checkout process with this theme that simply eliminates the need to add it additionally. Besides its unique and appealing aesthetics, Empire comes in handy with customization features to modify your store as per your target audience and offer them a seamless user experience. Try this theme for free, and when you decide to publish this theme to your store, you just need to pay $ 340 as a one-time payment.
- The Mosaic control feature allows store owners to control how images appear on various devices with its ratio and image compression options.
- Service banners to highlight messaging such as free shipping, information of location, business hours, deals & discounts, and whatever you think imperative to let users know.
- Video integration on the homepage facilitates presenting your best-featured products attractively along with a “Recently Viewed” feature.
- Drag and drop sections to help you create customized pages for your store with special coding
- Advanced live search option that lets your customers navigate based on search results and links to the products they are looking for.
- Enable the “Quick Buy” feature to streamline the process of adding new products to your shopping cart. Customers can view more products without leaving the page, leading to enhanced conversions.
Wookiee is a premium Shopify theme that comes in as a complete package for your webshop. It has all the modern-day tools and modules to make your online store impeccable and stand out from your competitors. The theme is perfect for startups looking for all the necessary features that expensive themes have. You can get started with the theme by paying $ 89 per month, and there are multiple plans available with the theme.
- You get over 86 homepage layouts with this theme so you don’t have to worry about the screens.
- Get more than 8 product page variants with all specifications and features to answer all customers’ queries.
- Offer a great browsing experience to your visitors with amazing footer combinations where you can add information and navigation options
- Create a more engaging experience for your visitors by using Mega Menu, where you can showcase various choices in a drop-down adding effortlessness to the navigation
- It offers amazing swatch features for color, size, and material of a single product and users can easily select the right product according to their preferences
Debutify is one of the most downloaded and widely used themes of Shopify that online retailers have used for eCommerce development. The theme has thousands of satisfied users across the globe and its ease to use attracts every beginner and professional store owner to it. It offers ample features to maximize conversions and elevate the user experience. The theme is available with three pricing plans;
Starter plan: $ 19 per month
Hustler plan $ 47 per month
Master plan: $97 per month
- It has an animated and sticky “Add to Cart” button that can be viewed by visitors no matter how long they scroll down a page. This has a great impact on increasing conversions
- The bundling of products allows you to upsell products and enhance AOV by creating a simple bundle section on product pages
- Set cart goals like free shipping threshold and let users know whether they are eligible for free shipping or what amount they will pay for a product to get it delivered
- Add more loyal customers to your site by allowing them to add products to their Wishlist and this information can be utilized to send custom promotional emails
- The announcement bar in the header allows you to display important messages that keep changing in an automated carousel.
Ella is one of the highly popular Shopify themes that is loved by merchants for its customization features and mobile responsiveness. This feature-rich theme is designed keeping in mind the modern-day eCommerce requirements and the flexibility to modify them. The theme has been purchased by more than 29000 merchants and you need to pay $89 per month for this all-in-one theme. A highly popular theme that is compatible with multiple browsers and eliminates the need to use Shopify apps with its extensive set of features.
- You get more than 17 homepage layouts, 16+ child themes, over 7 different layouts for category pages, and more than 10 layouts for product pages.
- Megamenu feature to make navigation smoother and more comprehensive and you can easily save on integrating Shopify apps for your store
- Ajax navigation facilitates users with a link to the next page without refreshing the page. Slideshow with Lookbook is one such example of this
- Cart customization features with upsell and cross-sell options, drop-down cart options, and cart editing by buyers to make their shopping journey convenient and flexible
- Quick view and Quick shop features to add featured products on the homepage
- Size chart option to select and display size charts on product pages
Themes keep immense importance to highlight your brand’s forte and offer a great user experience to visitors. Moreover, these themes allow maximum modifications with great flexibility to help you keep adapting to changes and keep your customers completely satisfied with your site’s performance and visual appeal.