Snacks are healthy and a great way to get your daily dose of vitamins and minerals. Snacks are also great for meetings because they help you stay focused and engaged throughout the meeting. We have made it simple for you in this guide to have healthy snacks that are easy to make at home. Having healthy snacks at work is, after all, the simplest way to keep you healthy at work. So without wasting more time, let us get started-
For your approaching meetings, we have listed a few healthy snacks you can have your meeting-
Healthy vegan apple banana oat muffins
A healthy snack meeting food can be a tasty muffin, especially if it is robust and packed with good-for-you components. These healthy and tasty apple banana oat muffins are made without oil. They are delightfully moist and made with simply a few simple, healthy ingredients.
- Baking Powder
- Cinnamon (ground)
- Bananas (for this recipe, use highly ripe bananas, like banana bread bananas). They are a lot softer and sweeter.)
- Pure maple syrup, honey, or agave nectar
- Lemon Juice: lemon juice brightens and complements all the other flavors.
- Vanilla: Pure vanilla extract is what salt is to savory foods in sweet recipes.
Ingredients to make vegan apple banana oat muffins
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Use muffin liners, parchment paper, or a silicone muffin pan to line a large muffin tray.
- Blend the oats in a food processor or blender until they form coarse flour. It should not be as fine as conventional flour, but it should have some heft.
- Combine the blended oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large mixing dish. Combine all ingredients and set aside.
- Put the apples in the food processor after rough chopping them. Blend in a food processor till the apples are finely diced.
- Add the bananas to a separate mixing dish and mash them up, leaving a few pieces. The apples, maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla, and water are added. To blend, stir everything together.
- Take the wet and dry ingredients into a mixing bowl, stir until smooth, and divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Remove the muffins from the oven and set them aside for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool. Insert a toothpick into the center of a muffin to serve as a tester.
- The muffins are done when the knife comes out clean. These beautiful muffins can be eaten warm, room temperature, or even cold.
Whole Wheat Jaggery Cookies
These crunchy Whole Wheat Jaggery Cookies are my new favorite cookies to enjoy with my morning tea because they are eggless and contain no refined sugar. They are simple to prepare at home using pantry staples.
- 1 cup wheat flour (150 grams)
- 3/4 cup jaggery (150 gms)
- 1/4 cup semolina (45 grams)
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- One teaspoon of baking powder
- 6-7 cardamom pods, coarsely ground 5 tbsp. ghee
- 4 tbsp. milk
- 2 tbsp. Almond Flakes
Preparation of making Whole Wheat Jaggery Cookies
- Combine atta (whole wheat flour), baking powder, cardamom powder, cinnamon powder, and salt in a large mixing basin. Set aside after whisking everything together.
- Sift the jaggery powder into a separate big mixing bowl. Remove any big particles from the area.
- Mix the ghee and sifted jaggery powder till mixed and frothy.
- Pour in the milk and stir well. You can also use a stand mixer to complete these procedures.
- Transfer the jaggery-ghee-milk combination to the flour mixture and stir until a dough forms, either by hand or with a stand mixer. If the dough is not coming together, add a half-teaspoon of milk.
- Cover the dough and set it aside for 10 to 15 minutes. Finally, roll out the dough with a roller. Cut into rounds with a diameter of 2 inches and a thickness of about 1/4 inch.
- Place cookies on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Create a pattern on top by piercing it with a fork.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes at 350 F, or until crisp and rich golden brown. For very crispy cookies, bake for 18 minutes.
- Place on a wire rack to cool completely before storing in an airtight container. Enjoy your whole wheat jaggery cookies!
Vegetables flourish in this tasty vegan burger. Learn how to prepare substantial, tasty, and vegetable-packed veggie burgers from scratch. These tasty veggie-packed burgers have high fiber content and call for vegan substitutions.
- 1 (15 oz.) can of drained and rinsed black beans (or 1 3/4 cup) (or beans of your choice– see notes)
- 1/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats + 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 medium onion (or one large shallot, roughly diced)
- Two garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon old bay seasoning or your favorite seasoning blend
- To taste black pepper
Preparation of making vegan burger
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor and process for 15 to 20 seconds, just until the mixture begins to come together, scraping down the sides as needed. Scrape the entire mixture into a small bowl and place it in the refrigerator to set for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Set aside a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Take the bowl out of the fridge. Scoop out 1/2 cup-sized scoops from the mixture and shape them into patties with damp hands. We prepared a total of three patties. Place the patties on the baking sheet that has been prepared and bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn the patties over and bake for an additional 10 minutes until they are golden, firm, and ready to be eaten.
Apple Yogurt Parfaits
Apple Crisp Yogurt Parfait is a healthy breakfast, lunch, or dessert that you can make ahead of time and have on the move! It is a tasty and nourishing meal prep alternative packed with protein from Greek yogurt, fruit, and healthy fats that you can make whenever the mood strikes!
- 1 cup lightly sweetened applesauce
- a pinch of nutmeg, ground
- 1/2 cup granola (raisins included)
- 1-1/3 cup yogurt (vanilla)
Preparation for making Apple Yogurt Parfaits
- Place an apple in a microwave-safe dish, diced. Sprinkle the apple with cinnamon, cover, and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, or until tender.
- It only takes a minute for the fried apple to make your kitchen smell like a crisp is baking in the oven.
- Before assembling your parfait, allow the apple to cool somewhat. We like how the fluids thicken organically as the apple cools. For the parfait, it is like cinnamon apple syrup!
- Combine the yogurt and a pinch of cinnamon while the apple cools.
Hummus is a healthy and delicious dip prepared from blended and seasoned chickpeas, and because of its versatility, it is a beautiful dish for team meetings. Hummus can be seasoned with a wide range of spices and other seasonings.
- 1 (15-ounce) chickpeas or 12 cups cooked chickpeas (250 grams)
- One large lemon, 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) tahini well mixed (see our homemade tahini recipe).
- One minced tiny garlic clove
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil (30 ml) plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- season with salt to taste
- 2–3 teaspoons (30–45 mL) water or aquafaba, as needed (see notes)
- For serving, a pinch of paprika or sumac
Preparation to make Hummus
- Combine the tahini and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor and process for 1 minute. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl, then process for another 30 seconds. This extra time aids in “whipping” or “creaming” the tahini, resulting in smooth and creamy Hummus.
- Toss the whipped tahini and lemon juice with olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Process for 30 seconds, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and then process for another 30 seconds, or until thoroughly combined.
- Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl, add the remaining chickpeas, and process for 1 to 2 minutes or until thick and smooth.
- The Hummus will most likely be excessively thick or contain small chickpea chunks. To solve this, steadily add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water to the food processor while running until you get the desired consistency.
- Salt to taste and adjust as necessary. With a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of paprika, serve the Hummus.
The bottom line
This guide is a compilation of some of the best snacks you can have at a meeting, and all are healthy recipes you can make at home right away. If you are looking for more similar recipes, you can find them on the SpicYum page, as they have vegan and Indian vegetarian recipes that are easy to prepare and delicious to eat. Browse their website today to get started cooking healthy meals.