China offers the most competitive and best-value English medium to Study MBBS in China programs worldwide. For this reason, it is now one of the fastest-growing destinations for international students who want to study medicine.
According to statistics, China has become one of the most popular destinations for medical study in recent years. Last year, more than 10,000 students came to China to study medicine, most of them selecting an English-medium MBBS program. You may have doubts about why they unhesitatingly chose China as their medical career starting way,
Before you read more, check out our Ultimate Guide to Studying MBBS in China, with information about living costs, COVID updates, and other policies.
As of 2020, the Chinese Ministry of Education lists 45 medical colleges authorized to offer English-taught MBBS programs in China. Ready to study at one of these schools? First, let’s go in-depth about what to expect when you apply for the program!
MBBS Program Overview
MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery. It is one of the most sought-after undergraduate degrees in China and the world.
Key Facts about MBBS in China
- Duration: 5-6 Years
- 45 Medical Schools in China that offer English-language MBBS
- Each program has 50-100 Seats per year
- Recognized by World Health Organization
Most medical universities in China offer the MBBS program for 6 years. You will spend 5 years of classroom training to have solid medical knowledge. The remaining 1 year is spent on a hospital internship to strengthen your clinical skills.
Here’s a sample MBBS curriculum in China.
Why Choose MBBS in China
1) High-Quality Education with Affordable Tuition Fee
China is a global leader in the field of modern medicine. Many of its medical universities are also ranked among the top 500 medical universities in the world. MBBS programs in China are designed based on international standards and are therefore on par with Western MBBS degrees.
The best part of medical education in China is the affordable tuition fee. It’s 70% cheaper when than those in Western countries. There are also tons of opportunities for scholarships and grants.
2) Quick Admissions Process
The ease of admission for MBBS in China is unlike any other in the world. Eligibility criteria are simple and can easily be compiled by students. International students are also not required to take an entrance test to study MBBS! This saves you time from hectic admission procedures and stiff competition. China Admissions can further assist you in preparing the correct documents. Learn more here.
3) Global Recognition
MBBS programs in China are recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO) and are included in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED). Graduates of MBBS from China are also eligible to take numerous national medical screening tests in many parts of the world.
These are more reasons international students choose to study MBBS in China! Learn all about them in this article.
Admissions Information to Study MBBS in China
To study MBBS in China successfully, make sure you first meet all of the following requirements:
A. Eligibility Requirements
- Minimum of 70% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB), and Math. Students must specifically have an excellent average grade in Biology to increase their acceptance rate
- Minimum of 70% in Mathematics
- 18 years or above upon application
- Hold a high school diploma or above
- Applicants have to have solid financial support to afford their study and living expenses in China
B. 3-Step Application Process
1) Search for MBBS programs and click on the apply button.
2) Upload the required documents and wait for admission confirmation. If accepted, you will be sent an invitation letter.
3) Pay the required fees, process your visa, and prepare to study MBBS in China!
C. Easy MBBS Application Service
Do you want to apply for MBBS in China without the confusing and hectic application procedures? China Admissions offers an MBBS Application Service that will make the application process easier and smoother. At a very affordable rate, you get loads of perks which include:
- Fast-tracked priority application
- Free personalized consultations
- Guaranteed acceptance to at least 1 MBBS program
- Timely feedback and more!
Where is a Chinese MBBS degree valid?
What countries recognize Chinese medical degrees? If you study MBBS in China and graduate in good standing, many options are open for you worldwide. You will have to take the medical examination of each country to be licensed to practice, such as:
- Medical and Dental Council of Pakistan (PMDC)
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Saudi Commission for Health Specialties (SCHS)
- Council for Medical and Dental Professions
- Medical Professions Council of South Africa
- Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB) in the United Kingdom
- United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE)
- Caribbean Association of Medical Councils (CAMC)
Leave a Reply