Engaging websites through graphic design is one of the key components of creating successful websites that maintain user engagement and interest. Even though design principles may vary depending on the context, some general best practices can be followed to create an attractive and user-friendly website.
However, if you don’t have the time and mood to do it yourself, then hire a good agency to do it for you. The same thing happened to me recently and I took expert help from the best graphic design company in Chandigarh for my business’ website.
Nonetheless, let’s stick to the topic, in this post we will share some steps to follow to design an engaging website using graphic design.
Graphic Design Tips for Creating Engaging Websites
Identify the Purpose of Your Website
Identifying your website’s purpose is the first step in designing it. Why do you want to create a website? What is the objective of the website? When you have identified the purpose of your website, you can start designing it with a clear vision.
Develop a Website Architecture Plan
Having a clear idea of what pages your site will contain, as well as how they will be linked, will make designing easier. Having an idea of how many pages your website will have, their content, and the general layout will help you when designing each page.
Select Your Website Design Platform
You can build your website, even if you have no coding or design experience, using websites such as Squarespace and Wix. Select a platform that is right for you and your needs. Or, you can easily hire the best experts in your city. Like I said at the beginning, my business website has also been designed by the best graphic design company in Chandigarh.
- Design Each Element of the Site
Once you have developed your template or theme and website map, you can begin designing each element of your site. In this section, you will find your website’s menu (or navigation bar), header and footer, search bar, and any additional elements that you wish to include. You can structure your website to make it easier to navigate by using elements such as the following:
- Menu: This element displays the items that are featured on your website. Be sure that the widget is accessible on all pages, and that it displays only a few items at a time, so as not to overwhelm the visitor’s screen.
- Header and Footer: The use of these elements enhances user engagement. The header must include features such as your navigation menu and logo, which you wish visitors to find quickly. Footers should include additional information, such as contact information and terms of service.
- Search Bar: Make use of a magnifying glass or a box, but place it prominently on every page. Most often, the top-left or top-right corner is the best location.
Enhance Your Content
Once your website has been designed and launched, you should plan on optimizing it for a smooth user experience. Here are some suggestions:
- Mobile Responsiveness: The majority of website templates are now mobile-responsive, which means that your content will be resized to fit different screen sizes. You may, however, consider activating a mobile app to be on the safe side.
- Internet Linking: Internal links serve to establish your authority in your field among users and search engine tools. Linking to other relevant websites will also keep visitors on your site.
- Media Optimization: It is imperative to optimize your media files to avoid low rankings, high bounce rates, low click-through rates, and longer loading times. Ensure they are not too large and that each page doesn’t contain too many photos or videos.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): It involves the optimization of content, such as images and texts, to increase traffic to your website. Adding alt texts to images and using readable URLs are examples of optimization actions.
Follow the Design Principles
Design principles are crucial to the success of your website. The difference between a visitor quitting almost immediately after hitting your homepage and one who explores your services and products and then converts is what counts. The following are some popular and effective principles:
- Engage Your Audience with a Clean, Engaging Website Design
- Make use of Negative Space
- Establish a Visual Hierarchy
- Maintain Consistent Branding
- Utilize High-Quality Images
- Apply Color Strategically
- Utilize Typography Effectively
Make Use of Design Tools
Depending on your website design, you’ll need certain apps and tools to source and customize the texts, shapes, colors, and images. It is possible to create amazing designs without having to start from scratch if you have access to these tools.
- Website Builders: To design the website you want, you’ll need a website builder like Squarespace or Wix.
- Design Tools: Tools such as Canva can be used for graphic design and photo editing.
- Expert Marketplaces: Fiverr and Upwork are among the marketplaces that host several experts in website design.
- Logo Makers: This tool is useful for designing your business logo alongside the design of your website. Two of the best examples are Logo Maker and Adobe Express.
- Photo Apps: To enhance your text, use photo apps such as Stockphoto.com and Unsplash.
Overall, designing an engaging website with the help of graphic design plays a crucial role in making a website successful. Following the steps mentioned above will help you design an easy-to-navigate and visually appealing website that attracts and retains visitors. Alternatively, if you do not want to use these steps and handle the work on your own, you should hire social media marketing companies in Chandigarh for your business.