If you love camping and returning to nature, you will love this camping holiday option! The Hill Farm Shepherd’s Hut is your little log cabin in South-West England. Set amidst rolling hills, valleys and farmland, it offers blissful peace just minutes from Dartmoor National Park. So whether you arrange your camping or book this holiday as a camping getaway with the option to stay in a Shepherd’s Hut, we are confident you will love the experience here.
The Hill Farm Shepherd’s Hut is available for a camper’s holiday. If you wish to stay in a Shepherd’s Hut, please get in touch with us to arrange an overnight stay.
What Can You Explore During Your Hill Farm Holiday At Dartmoor Glamping?
- Walkers and hikers will love the area for its numerous walking trails and paths, some leading to major cities like Plymouth or Bristol. You can also walk towards Dartmoor National Park and check out the old inns and pubs. If you head towards South Brent, there is a beautiful valley that is an excellent spot for bird watching.
- Places of interest in South Devon include the stunning village of Luppitt, which offers stunning scenery and lovely walks. You can also enjoy the town and village of Buckfastleigh, which offers plenty of interesting shops and a beautiful countryside backdrop.
- If you are into fishing, you will be happy to know several rivers near Hill Farm (the River Tamar, River Bovey, and River Stour) offer wonderful angler spots. You will even find Dartmoor National Park, one of England’s greatest wildlife areas, is close by as well!
- Dartmoor Glamping offers much more than beautiful countryside and perfect camping spots. The main village is 15 minutes away with many choices of restaurants and bars and great places to visit, like the Old Dartmoor Inn, for good food.
- If you like a bit of local entertainment, you can check out the Exeter Cavern Club, an alternative venue to enjoy rock and roll music. You will also find the Minack Theatre, where plays are performed on a stage set in the rugged setting of a Cornish cliff. There are also great markets and festivals throughout the year.
- If you enjoy exploring Dartmoor, you can contact the National Park Authority, which will provide you with a map of all the hiking and cycling routes.
- If you plan to stay a few nights at Dartmoor Glamping, why not visit the amazing National Trust Barns? You can enjoy the traditional Dartmoor thatched roof cottages once used as farm buildings. Feel free to bring your picnic food and enjoy home-cooked English comfort food!
Reasons To Choose Dartmoor Glamping For Your Holidays
- There is no better way to explore Dartmoor than to stay in a Shepherd’s Hut. You can have all your meals cooked by our team or use the onsite barbecue by purchasing a delicious meal.
- We have the best campers present on Dartmoor! With over 10 years of experience in camping, our team are experts at teaching children and adults alike how to enjoy the rugged countryside of Dartmoor.
- Dartmoor Glamping offers free wi-fi and, in most cases, a welcome fire. If you don’t feel like cooking, we have an onsite bar where you can enjoy a drink with the campers!
- Enjoy being close to nature! The view from your bedroom window is one that you will never forget! There isn’t a better way to wake up in the morning than with birds chirping as they wake up in their nests high above your head!
- With Dartmoor Glamping, you can be guaranteed a warm welcome from arrival. Relax in our onsite bonfire, and enjoy the company of other like-minded people. We are within easy reach of Exeter, so you can stay for the weekend or several days at a stretch!
We at Dartmoor Glamping offer a unique camping holiday experience to anyone who loves the outdoors. Whether you camp on the site or stay in a Shepherd’s Hut with sheep’s milk soap and fluffy towels, we are confident you will be impressed. The scenery is breathtaking, and so is the welcome! Contact us today at +44 (0)1822 890 189.