As the name indicated, “Vikings” were known for their wild journeys and rich cultural heritage. They left behind a legacy that is still celebrated today. Let me tell you, one of the most prominent aspects of Viking culture is their distinctive jewelry.
The one thing that is intriguing about viking jewelry wasn’t merely the ornamental; it was deeply symbolic. These pieces were designed to represent beliefs, status and allegiance to Norse gods.
Let’s just look into the most common Viking jewelry designs they were adored and people still cherish it now.
Most Common Viking Jewelry Designs:
Vikings men and women wore different sort of jewelry, the most common design among them has been listed down below:
Thor’s Hammer (Mjölnir):
- Mjölnir is the most recognizable of all Viking symbols.
- It represents the mighty hammer of Thor which is the Norse god of thunder.
- So, wearing a Mjölnir pendant was believed to invoke Thor’s protection and strength.
- The Vikings had their own alphabet which is known as the runic alphabet.
- At that era, runes were not only used for communication but also carved into jewelry as symbols of protection.
- People often wore rune rings in their hands. Crafted the names of their loved ones.
- Norse mythology actually refers to the collection of myths and beliefs during the Viking Age.
- So, this mythology is rich with tales of gods, giants, elves and other midgard serpent (a massive sea creature that was foretold to eventually battle with the god Thor)
- These mythical creatures were often depicted in Viking headed bracelets and necklaces. Though these were popular among both men and women at that time but also popular in the contemporay centuary.
- Dragon motifs in jewelry and art were indeed prevalent at the Viking time.
- Dragon head brooch was one of the most iconic pieces of Viking jewelry.
- Also small dragons shaped into pendants or amulets. These could be worn around the neck or attached to bracelets.
- If you’re into the norse methodology or even a great admirer of Viking series then you can’t undo the charm of viking accessories. Can you?
- Animals such as wolves, ravens, and horses held significant importance in Viking mythology.
- Jewelry featuring these animals symbolized various virtues like courage, wisdom, and loyalty.
Faithheart: The Nordic Viking Jewelry
It is specialized in Nordic designs. Bring the legends of the Vikings to life through exquisite jewelry pieces. Men are mostly fond of skulls, dragons, Thor hammer (after watching Thor!), skeletons and wolves.
Thus, viking jewelry for men is your place to check. Every Faithheart piece is a nod to Viking traditions. These Viking accessories serve as a bridge between the past and the present connecting us to a time. Don’t you think the same?
So, if you’re one of those folk who are avid about the Viking series and cherish their attire and jewelry. I guess this is your place to check.