ServiceNow Administration involves managing and configuring the ServiceNow platform, which is a cloud-based IT service management (ITSM) tool that enables organizations to automate and manage IT processes and workflows. Here are some key responsibilities of a ServiceNow Administrator:
- User Management: Creating and managing user accounts, groups, and roles to ensure proper access to the platform.
- Service Catalog Management: Creating and maintaining the service catalog, which provides users with a centralized location to request IT services.
- Incident Management: Configuring and managing the incident management process, including defining incident categories, prioritizing incidents, and tracking incident resolution.
- Change Management: Configuring and managing the change management process, including defining change categories, assessing change impact, and tracking change implementation.
- Problem Management: Configuring and managing the problem management process, including identifying and resolving the root cause of incidents and problems.
- Reporting and Analytics: Creating and maintaining reports and dashboards to provide insights into platform performance and user activity.
- Platform Maintenance: Performing regular platform maintenance tasks, including upgrades, patches, and backups.Become a Servicenow Developer & Admin Certified professional by learning this Servicenow Training !
What does Servicenow Administrator Do
A ServiceNow Administrator is responsible for managing and configuring the ServiceNow platform, which is a cloud-based IT service management tool. Their main role is to ensure that the platform is running smoothly and efficiently by managing user accounts, configuring workflows, and maintaining the service catalog. They are also responsible for managing incident, change, and problem management processes, as well as creating and maintaining reports and dashboards to provide insights into platform performance. Additionally, ServiceNow Administrators are responsible for performing regular platform maintenance tasks, including upgrades, patches, and backups. Their expertise in ServiceNow is crucial for ensuring that organizations can manage their IT processes and workflows effectively.
How to become Servicenow Administrator
To become a ServiceNow Administrator, you will need to have a strong understanding of IT service management processes and experience in managing enterprise-level software platforms. Here are some steps you can take to become a ServiceNow Administrator:
- Gain experience in IT service management processes and workflows.
- Familiarize yourself with ServiceNow platform and its capabilities.
- Enroll in ServiceNow Administration training courses and obtain the ServiceNow Certified System Administrator certification.
- Gain hands-on experience by setting up and configuring ServiceNow instances, managing workflows, and resolving issues.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest features and best practices in the platform by participating in training and certification programs and joining ServiceNow user groups and communities.
How to become a certified Servicenow Administrator?
To become a certified ServiceNow Administrator, you need to follow these steps:
- Gain experience in IT service management processes and workflows: Before you start preparing for the ServiceNow Certified System Administrator exam, you should have some experience in IT service management and be familiar with the ServiceNow platform.
- Enroll in ServiceNow Administration training courses: ServiceNow offers a range of training courses to help you learn about the platform and its capabilities. These courses are available online or in-person.
- Review the Certified System Administrator Exam Blueprint: The ServiceNow Certified System Administrator Exam Blueprint outlines the topics covered in the exam. Reviewing this blueprint will help you understand the scope of the exam and identify areas where you need to focus your study efforts.
- Prepare for the exam: Use the ServiceNow Learning Portal to access training and study materials for the exam. You can also find practice exams and study groups on the ServiceNow Community.
- Take the exam: The ServiceNow Certified System Administrator exam is proctored online and consists of 60 multiple-choice questions. You have 90 minutes to complete the exam, and a passing score is 70% or higher.
Salesforce Administration involves managing and configuring the Salesforce platform to meet the needs of an organization. A Salesforce Administrator is responsible for managing user accounts, configuring workflows, and maintaining the data quality of the platform. To become a proficient Salesforce Administrator, it is recommended to obtain Salesforce certification and stay up-to-date with the latest features and best practices of the platform. The expertise of a Salesforce Administrator is crucial for ensuring the successful implementation and use of Salesforce in an organization.