Levitra 20mg pill is an erectile dysfunction medication that aids a man in getting an erection and keeping up with it throughout the sexual activity. It functions by raising the blood flow to the penis, thus causing an erection. However, the medication does not provide any protection against sexually transmitted diseases, such as Hepatitis B, HIV, syphilis, and gonorrhoeic. Use a latex condom for safe sex.
What are the benefits of using Levitra 20mg pills?
Levitra 20mg is an oral prescription medication widely used for treating male sexual function problems, known as Impotence. It has certain benefits, which are stated below: –
- It is the first-choice drug for treating ED.
- Levitra is available under various strengths, which makes it easier for healthcare professionals to decide on the correct dosage.
- The drug is also available in different forms, such as pills, oral jelly, and dissolving tablets.
- It works better than any other erectile dysfunction pill.
You can even research more on the other benefits so that you can be assured before actually using it.
How long does it take Levitra 20mg to work?
It usually takes around 30 minutes to an hour for Levitra to work. It needs to be taken at least an hour before having sexual intercourse, and its effect is most likely to last for around 5 hours. However, the effectiveness highly depends on person to person and might differ each time you take a pill.
The following are the directions for using Levitra 20mg: –
- Follow the instructions and dosage as stated by your doctor or as mentioned on the label.
- Avoid chewing or crushing the pill.
- Swallow it whole with water.
- Avoid heavy meals right after taking the medicine.
- Store it at room temperature.
You can even consult your pharmacist for a better understanding.
Are there any safety pieces of advice for Levitra?
Just like every other Erectile Dysfunction medicine, Levitra too comes with a set of precautions and warnings. It is essential to keep the below-mentioned set of points so as to avoid reactions and adverse effects.
- Do not take the medicine if you are allergic to it.
- Tell your medical instructor about your health history and share the list of your current medications.
- Avoid alcohol consumption while on the drug.
- The drug is strictly not approved for men under the age of 18.
- It is not meant to be used by women.
- Avoid the consumption of grapefruit in any form while on the drug.
- Do not take the medicine if you are on nitrate drugs for heart disorders or chest pain.
- Make sure not to take any other ED pills if you are already on Levitra.
- Do not overdose. Keep a gap of at least 24 hours between the pills and take only when needed.
- Avoid taking heavy meals right after taking the pill. This might lower the impact of the drug.
Discuss the points mentioned above with your healthcare provider for a better understanding.
To conclude: –
Despite the availability of “n” number of over-the-counter drugs, supplements, and treatments, erectile dysfunction is still considered to be a taboo and condition that people prefer not to talk about. As per reports, around 52% of men experience some form of ED, and most of them hesitate to seek professional guidance. It is high time that you start treating it just like any other health condition so as to avoid further health consequences. Apart from taking the right medication, it is also essential that you start prioritizing your diet and enhancing a better lifestyle. You can further consult a dietician to incorporate a diet that fits your needs.