Do you know about our planet? Our world is divided into two parts: land and water bodies. But in this article, we will only discuss the land area.
It is accurate that 70 per cent of the earth consists of water and only 30 per cent consists of land. And the land is also divided into many continents and countries. Do you know what are the 7 continents and their countries? Do you know the names of the continents? Do you know the different countries and their unique features, names etc.?
Don’t worry; in the following description, we will briefly discuss all the primary factors of our continents and their countries. And try to answer the question – what are the 7 continents and their countries.
Know about seven continents
Our earth is divided into seven continents. These are Asia, Africa, Europe, North America, South America, Australia or Oceania, and Antarctica. We should discuss each continent and their features, countries etc. Let’s know the facts about – what are the 7 continents and their countries.
- Asia is the largest continent.
- The continent is situated in the Eastern Hemisphere.
- There are many countries in the Asia continent. But 48 countries are recognized by the United Nations. Palestine is not recognized by the UN as an independent and sovereign state. Palestine has observer status in the UN council.
- The essential countries of this continent are India, Japan, South Korea, Thailand, Malaysia, Brunei, Indonesia, Vietnam, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Iran, Iraq, Qatar, Yemen, Oman, Israel etc. countries.
- It is known as the most populated continent. The total population of Asia is around 4.6 billion people, per the census 2021.
- The continent consists of most of the world’s mountain ranges, such as the Himalayas, K2 and many other mountains.
- India Ocean is part of this continent.
- The continent is famous for its diversity, ethnicity, languages and various cultures.
- Asia is also famous for its old civilization.
- Many people divide Asia into South, East, Central, Western, and South-eastern.
- Politically Asia is also famous for its non-Alignment movement, Asian Treaties and various freedom-fighting movements in world political history.
Let’s talk about Europe. It is regarded most advanced, progressive and economically dominating content on the earth. The continent has many diversities, but Europe is significant in the world’s economic, political and human index sectors. The salient features of the continent are:
- As per the size is concerned, the continent stands at number six among the other continents.
- Europe is divided into seven regions.
- The central regions are West Europe, East Europe, Central Europe, Southern Europe etc.
- Some parts of Europe are recognized as Scandinavia. Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland and Finland are the leading countries in this region.
- According to the United Nations, there are presently 44 recognized countries in Europe. The western part of this continent is regarded as the most advanced and economically developed. In this part, you can find countries like- Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Portugal, The Netherlands, and Belgium.
- In the eastern part of this continent, you find countries like- Poland, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Croatia, Serbia, Moldova and many others.
- Russia is the biggest country on this continent. The population of Russia is 145,934,462. The total area of this country is 17,098,242 square km.
- Europe has dominantly influenced world politics and economics.
- Europe is also famous for its organization European Union EU.
- The smallest country on this continent is Vatican City.
- Christianity is the main religion of this land. But there are three sects of Christianity in Europe. Roman Catholic, Protestant and Orthodox Christian.
- But many people also believe in Judaism.
- Europe is also famous for its sports activities, such as UEFA Euro Cup, UEFA Nations League, UEFA Champions League and many prominent Football National Leagues.
- Europe is also famous for its civilization, political philosophy, scientific discovery, the industrial revolution and growth, the French revolution, World War I and two and German Unification.
- Recently Europe has been dealing with the war between Russia and Ukraine.
- Europe is regarded as a “Temperate Climate”. Europe is famous for its chilling cold temperature and fantastic Autumn.
Continent North America
- It is considered the third-largest continent.
- North America is situated in the North-West Hemisphere.
- There are 23 countries on this continent.
- The most influential and essential countries are the United States, Canada, Cuba, Panama, El Salvador, Jamaica, Mexico, Costa Rica etc.
- Greenland is part of this continent. It is famous as the largest island in the world. But Greenland is politically dominated by Denmark.
- The content is famous for its political influences, economic reforms and climate.
- The continent has many famous lakes, waterfalls and mountains.
- The population of North America is nearly 60 crores.
Continent South America
South America is famous for its natural beauty, extensive forest and football. The continent is also renowned for its political reason. Historically, we have seen notorious dictators like Pinochet, Porfirio Diaz, Marcos Parez and many more on this continent.
The land is also obscure for its political instability and drug mafia. But the land is also considered for its madness for football and sports. People know about South America as football-playing nations like Brazil, Argentina, Chilli, Columbia and many other countries. The primary features of the land are:
- It is the fourth largest continent.
- The continent is situated in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Amazon forest is present here.
- The longest river Amazon, is also flowing here.
- There are 12 countries and three dependencies in South America.
- Brazil is the largest country in this continent.
- Suriname is the smallest country here.
- The total population is nearly 44 crores.
We have already discussed the four continents. We hope you understand – what are the 7 continents and their countries. Now we are going to discuss the last three continents.
- It is the second-largest continent.
- The continent is situated in the Tropic of Cancer and Capricorn pass.
- The continent is famous for its Sahara Desert.
- There are 54 countries on this continent.
- The total population in this continent is 122 crores.
- Algeria is the largest country on this continent.
Australia or Oceania
- It is the smallest continent.
- The major countries of this continent are- Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Tonga, Samoa etc.
- The largest country on this continent is Australia.
- The climate is humid and humid.
For more blogs: Thetechwhat
- The fifth-largest continent.
- No humans are lived on this continent.
- The area is covered with ice.
We try to answer the question – what are the 7 continents and their countries. Read the article and gain knowledge.